Saturday, April 28, 2007

Intro

1) What are your favorite Harry Potter Book Hogwarts House colors?

Gryffindor for day wear...Slytherin for a night out on the town. ;)
Both Houses consists of my favorite color combinations - and interestingly enough - I am sorted into Gryffindor about as often as I am sorted into Slytherin.


2) Are you going to knit your socks in your favorite house colors, the colors that from the house that you were "sorted" into by a website, or some mismatched (funky) Dobby socks or something else entirely and if so what??

Since I have taken a self-imposed vow to work only from my stash - your guess is as good as mine. I'll get back to you on this ...

3) Do you have a favorite character and why?

Sirius ... because I love dogs. Seriously though, it's Sirius. He has an incredible amount of love in his heart - and I do not believe he is dead.

4) Who is your favorite teacher at Hogwarts?

In a snap, Snape! I think he is one of the most mysterious and intriguing fictional characters, ever. I'm hoping he becomes a "Jean Valjean" in book seven, by discovering he has been a force for good in the world by protecting Harry all these years.

5) What was your favorite Harry Potter Book?

The Order of the Phoenix.

6) Do you have a favorite scene from one of the books?

I've always enjoyed the scene when Fred & George bust outtah Hogwarts. I look forward to seeing that played out on screen!

7) What do you think is the funniest scene in one of the books?

I can't recall all the details ... but it involves Hermione and Ron in Half-Blood Prince.

8) How about a scene that made you cry?

In Half-Blood Prince - when there's a united front to follow Harry at the end.

9) Was there a scene that just cranked your needles? A scene that just made you mad?

The death of Sirius.

10) Have you watched the movies and read the books? or just one and or the other, and if so which ones?

I believe since Chamber of Secrets, we've always been to the first midnight showing and midnight book release.

11) Have you or do you have any plans to knit anything else "themed" Harry Potter?

I'd like to crochet Hedwig.

12) Anything else you would like to tell about yourself, about the books, or about your knitting, bring it on! :c)

I'm a prolific blogger over at Stix on the Beach: Tales From The Happy Hooker. It chronicles my life knittin', crochetin' & writin' on the beach.

Thank you so much for playing hostess to this Harry Potter-Along! It's just what I was looking for. :)

1 comment:

April in SC said...

I love Sirius also, although I was hoping he was a bit cuter in the movies, for some reason I had him set as a hottie in my mind! - lol -

Snape is also one of my fav's, and I sure hope he is a good guy in the end! He's been sitting on the fence post since almost the beginning!

I totally freaked out when Dumbledor died and cried just like a super sissy. :c(

Oh wow, do they have a crochet pattern for Headwig? or would have to put it together? I think that would be great to knit, becuase I can't crochet. :c)

April in SC