Monday, May 7, 2007

Introduction

Hi all! I'm new to the swap (actually, this is my first one, yay!) and I'm excited to be here.

1) What are your favorite Harry Potter Book Hogwarts House colors?
Gryffindor, which is also the house I was sorted into.

2) Do you have a sock yarn that you can't wear?? Or just hate??
Nope, I'm an equal opportunity sock yarn wearer!

3) Would you prefer nice "Harry Potter" socks, or can your sock Pal go all Funky on you? How weird is to weird for you??
Either or, I'll leave it up to the knitter - I can be as staid or funky as the next gal!

4) Who is your favorite teacher at Hogwarts?
Minerva McGonegal, she doesn't take crap from anyone, yeah!

5) Is there a color that you just can't wear, you know the one that makes you looks sick, or you just can't stand? Explain the color? (Example ~ Light green, not med, or dark, but light..yuck!)
Hot pink, I'm a red head (sort of, more strawberry blond).

6) Are you a superwash sock person or a 100% Wool sock person?
Superwash, please, I work two jobs and have a teenager!

7) What do you think is the funniest scene in one of the books and what was it?
The Goblet of Fire, when Draco Malfoy is turned into a ferret!

8) Will you be attending any Harry Potter parties or midnight releases like what Barnes and Nobles has put on in the past?
Unfortunately no, I have previous plans that preclude any partying. I will, however, be reading that night!

9) Was there a scene that just cranked your needles? A scene that just made you mad?
**Spoiler alert** If you haven't finished the Half Blood Prince, skip the answer!! When Dumbledor was killed and Harry was helpless to do anything. I knew it was coming, and why, but still...

10) Have you watched the movies and read the books? or just one and or the other, and if so which ones?
Both, but prefer the books by far!

11) Have you or do you have any plans to knit anything else "themed" Harry Potter?
More socks! For my son (15) who is also a Harry fan.

12) What is your favorite all time sock yarn, and your favorite sock pattern?
Socks That Rock. Patterns....hmmm...there are so many! But I love the interesting ways that Cat Bordhi constructs her socks.

13) Do you knit your socks, toe up, cuff down, DPN's, Circ's or whatever you feel like?
Preferably toe up, both at once using magic loop.

14) Are you a Chocolate, Soda, Tea, Coffee, or Hard Candy kind of person? Any special treats you just can't resist??
Chocolate, tea

15) Anything else you would like to tell about yourself, about the books, or about your knitting, bring it on! :c)
I'm a super busy single mom and knitting is my therapy! Throw Harry Potter in and it doesn't get any better LOL I am a sock knitting fiend, and can't wait to cast one...oh, wait, first I have to finish Mom's mother's day socks haha!

1 comment:

April in SC said...

ohhh, I like a gal that can bring their inner funk out or be all professional...now I just wish I could pick when each time was.. ;c)

I totally freaked out when Dumbledor died, I admit it, I cried! Normally I'm not the crying type, but I sat there and cried...

I have never used Socks That Rock but I've sure heard great things about them!!

April in SC